Friday 17 April 2015

Man's Best Friend - Pet Loss


This week a friend experienced the passing of their beautiful dog Misha. She finally took the trip to ‘Rainbow Bridge’ after fourteen years mutually devoted Dog to Owner.
I must say that he was ‘strong’ about the whole incident. The experience being made harder by the fact that the Vet struggled with the injection and somehow Misha wanted to let her owner know that she wasn’t quite ready to leave him.
I have to admit, I think I took more of the initial sadness on for a Dog I barely knew. Seeing the impact on the owner and knowing what I now know… yet being unable to help without his acceptance was rather difficult.
Some heartfelt tears were shed.
It is only possible to help someone when they seek help, it is only possible to offer a service when people are wanting it. All else is futile.
I struggle with that…..I struggle because I KNOW that ‘Nothing is ever missing’ and once a person is brought into the awareness of that fact, then something like the loss of a Pet, needn’t be so distressing and lonely….in fact one experiences the joy knowing that the Pet is close by.
My friend knows of my work and knows of my own Pet loss experience, however he is in a place of solace, one that I would call 'a hell'  -  too ‘beyond his belief’ to take a little a step out and allow me to balance the perception of loss, something I KNOW I can do. Unless he asks I am unable to assist.
Tonight I revisited some of the traits I loved about my dog, aspects that I had not fully processed. When I did,  I saw the new form of the trait I loved and I laughed, I felt the beauty of my dog’ s love for me.
If you have suffered a loss of a Pet and are struggling I can help. If you want to know more about getting through the loss then please ask me. And do feel free to share your comments on my blog, I will respond as helpfully as I know how.
Appreciative of the training received under Dr J F Demartini and committed to guiding and helping others through change and loss.
Thank You Misha, Thank You John, Thank You Chiko

1 comment:

  1. Man that's really hard. I also tried to be strong when my dog passed away. Though, he passed away peacefully and I had him at pet cremation houston tx. I can only imagine how hard it is to see your dog struggling while being put to sleep. A sight that every dog owner must never see.

    ReplyDelete