Saturday 15 November 2014

A week of Rembrance - OMG

Hi,

I pay tribute to the brave soldiers who dedicate their lives to keeping my life safe! And within that tribute is respect for the families who loose their loved ones. My poem is that tribute as published last week.
Remembrance has been a big thing in the media..unbeknown to the media are my personal experiences this week.

My father's cousin died, Eunice, it was her funeral...I was amazed to learn much more about her at the funeral. It was lovely, they paid a beautiful tribute to her life - she loved to party and travel!

For me, the hard part was being with family! I know I am not the only one here who must have this difficulty. We were faced with a relative , an angry relative, one who wanted to express their anger.

I tried to pacify him, I was left more upset and in tears than the actual funeral itself!

Family deaths can stir up a lot of repressed emotion. Have you experienced this ?

Grief is one thing....dealing with family is even bigger!

The source of anger was totally, in my perception unfounded, having not seen this family member for fourteen years, how could they be so angry! I was actually pleased to see them until they let their anger known.

For me, it was difficult, they never gave me chance to express myself.
Where have I gone wrong ?
What did I do to receive this anger ?

How do you approach an angry person ?

Looking back ...they were angry then. I feel at a loss for words, yet I know that the person is giving me a lesson.

Yes! A lesson....one I need to uncover and uncover it I will!

Sometimes the immediate loss is not understood, yet guaranteed each time is a revelation into your life!

Yes!

A wonderful revelation about yourself...an opportunity to learn more about yourself.

My family I would like to believe is pretty normal actually

If this is happening to me....then I wonder what is happening to you ?

Don't you think that if we talk together we might just......you know ......just makes some sence of what grief is all about!


Any way that is the start of my week of remembrance......listen in tomorrow because
it all continues in a weird way....listen in my loves  ;)

Bedtime for me now....excuse me ....I will return x

No comments:

Post a Comment